As we confront the challenge of the COVID-19 coronavirus, the health and safety of our guests and Team Members remains our top priority. While we monitor updates from the CDC as well as local public health authorities, we're committed to communicating with full transparency. Follow along below for all updates.
Updated as of 12pm on July 29, 2020
New Face Mask Guidelines
The CDC’s latest advisory calls on Americans to wear masks and do their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. At CAVA, the health and safety of our Team Members and our communities is, and always will be, our top priority.
As COVID-19 remains a public health crisis, we will continue to require all guests to wear face masks when entering our restaurants. As some of our dining rooms remain open, face masks will not be required while guests are dining on our patios or actively eating indoors.
If guests are unable or unwilling to wear masks inside our restaurants, we offer several ways to purchase a CAVA meal:
• The CAVA App offers multiple safe and seamless options:
- Digital Order Pick Up
- Contactless Curbside Pick Up
- Contactless CAVA Delivery
- Pick Up By Car (available in select locations)
• QR codes are posted on all doors for easy access to our mobile web ordering platform. Our Team Members would be happy to bring your digital order outside for you.
• Single-use masks will be available in all CAVA locations for guests who do not have one and prefer to order in store.
At CAVA, we strive to make a positive impact on our communities and our Team Members are trained to serve all guests with positivity and the spirit of generosity. We ask CAVA guests to join us in the shared responsibility to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Updated as of 4pm on May 31, 2020
Evolving Our Safety Standards
Our commitment to keeping our guests and Team Members safe has never wavered, but our approach to doing so continues to evolve. We’ve spent time listening to our guests and our teams, with the goal of understanding a diverse range of perspectives on the topic of reopening. We take the health and safety of our guests and Team Members very seriously.
As stay-at-home restrictions begin to lift city by city, state by state, we will begin reopening our restaurants and dining rooms with added safety actions. Here are several ways we have evolved our guest experience.
A new position dedicated to disinfecting and cleaning dining areas and high-touch surfaces every hour, and after each use.
Reopening Patios and Dining Rooms
As permitted by local jurisdictions, we will reopen dining areas with strict social distancing measures in place.
Team Members are required to wear masks and gloves throughout their shift. We recommend or require our guests do, too, per local jurisdiction guidelines.
All locations feature signs and floor stickers encouraging adherence to social distancing guidelines.
Team Member Health
All Team Members will have their temperature checked with an infrared thermometer at the beginning of each shift. Team Member health is monitored via wellness logs.
Updated as of 4pm on April 23, 2020
While our commitment to keeping our guests and Team Members safe has never wavered, our approach to doing so continues to evolve.
Hand sanitizer stations for you and our Team Members
Social distancing markers and reminders
In-store capacity limits
Protective masks for all Team Members
Strict food safety guidelines
Frequent, thorough handwashing
Increased disinfection practices
Team Member health checks
Contactless delivery and Curbside Pickup
Contactless payment – we no longer accept cash
Updated as of 7pm on March 19, 2020
Doing Our Part
At CAVA, we always strive to support the communities we serve. As many of you are practicing social distancing, we are also working to do our part to curtail the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus. As the health and safety of our guests, our Team Members, and our communities is our top priority, we have adjusted operating hours across all locations and temporarily closed select restaurants, including those located in malls, near university campuses and transit centers.
As many businesses grapple with the realities of operating in this difficult time for all, we don’t take this decision lightly. We know this will affect our Team Members who have served your communities, always with a smile and with a spirit of generosity. We are doing the following to support our affected hourly Team Members through this challenging time:
• We will offer to rehire affected Team Members as restaurants reopen.
• Affected Team Members who choose to return to CAVA after reopening will be eligible for a new profit-sharing compensation program.
• All health and welfare benefits will continue for team members currently enrolled.
• Resources will be immediately offered to Team Members who choose to file for applicable state government-assisted unemployment insurance benefits to offset pay loss.
• We are working to outplace affected Team Members in grocery focused businesses currently experiencing high demand for hourly workers.
• Team Members will be compensated for their accrued sick and vacation time.
To ensure our food supplies in temporarily closed locations did not go to waste, we’ve donated free meals to our affected Team Members and at-risk groups, such as firefighters, EMTs, and health care workers. To check the hours of your nearest CAVA locations please refer to cava.com/locations.
We will continue to monitor all developments and communicate frequently and with transparency.
Updated as of 9am on March 16, 2020
Proactive Safety Measures
While continuing to serve the distinct needs of our diverse communities, we are working to play a constructive role in containing the COVID-19 coronavirus. With ongoing guidance from the CDC and local public health authorities, we are implementing several proactive changes across all CAVA restaurant locations. Here’s what you can expect, starting today and for at least the next two weeks:
• We are suspending the option to dine-in at all CAVA locations. The use of tables, chairs, booths, and patio areas will not be permitted. Additionally, we are removing multi-use utensils, dishware, and condiments.
• You may order and take your meal to go.
• Order ahead for pick up using order.cava.com or the CAVA app.
• Pick up by car options will not change and continue to operate as usual.
• Hours of operations will be tailored to the specific needs of each CAVA location and the surrounding community. Please check local listings for detailed information.
We continue to reinforce and implement precautionary measures across our restaurants for frequent and thorough hand washing. We are closely monitoring the health of our Team Members with mandatory wellness logs and have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection procedures in our restaurants. We are monitoring updates around the clock from local and state health departments, as well as the CDC.
We remain committed to ensuring our restaurants are spaces where you can turn to for satisfying, healthy meals while operating with the utmost care for the well-being of our guests and Team Members. To keep pace with the incredible speed at which things are changing, we will adapt our guest experience as needed and will continue to communicate frequently and always with transparency.
Updated as of 3pm on March 12, 2020
COVID Updates for Guests and Team Members
We are all grappling with an issue of immense magnitude. Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus.
At CAVA, your safety and the safety of our team is our top priority. We are monitoring the evolving situation and want to highlight a few of the precautionary measures we are reinforcing and implementing across our restaurants:
• Frequent and thorough handwashing: We’re reinforcing with team members vigilant hand washing before, continuously throughout, and after their shifts.
• Team Member health: All Team Members experiencing any flu-like symptoms must stay home and take advantage of our paid sick leave policy. Managers are required to send home any Team Members showing signs of flu-like symptoms and report any such incidences. Additionally, we have enacted emergency 14-day pay for any Team Members that test positive for COVID-19.
• Sanitation and cleanliness: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our restaurants, with special attention to high-contact surfaces, such as chairs, tables, and registers, to ensure our restaurants remain open to serve you with the highest standard of cleanliness.
As we navigate this dynamic situation, we will adjust our customer experience to meet the conditions of each community we serve. While we are currently maintaining regular operations, we are prepared to shift to digital order only with pick-up through the CAVA app or at our pick-up by car locations. If needed, whether in the interest of our customers and team members, or if directed by local health departments, we will consider temporary restaurant closures.
As we do our part to keep our restaurants clean and safe, we encourage you to take notice of measures from the CDC for preventing the spread of viruses. We know – some of these seem obvious, and some prove to be harder than you think (turns out we touch our faces a lot – who knew?), but following them goes a long way toward staying healthy and keeping our communities safe:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
At CAVA, we’re committed to ensuring that our restaurants remain spaces where you can turn to for a satisfying, healthy meal. We have a team assembled to monitor updates around the clock from the CDC and state and local health departments. We’ll continue to stay vigilant of the situation and keep you informed as we overcome these challenges together.